Monday, November 1, 2010

BACK AGAIN TO GET OUR SWEET SASHA!

Well we had a very long exhausting day of travel from Charlotte to Washington DC with a 3 hour layover and then on to Munich and a 5 hour layaover and then finaly on to Donetsk, Ukraine.  After a 2 hour drive from the Donetsk airport, we finally landed in our apartment thankfully.  It was about 24 hours of travel altogether....that's pretty long for old people like Jeff and me. ha.

The funniest part of the day was when Jeff asked our driver how much longer until we arrive in Donetsk.  The driver said 20 minutes and Jeff looked at him square in the eyes and said, "piss piss."  This must be some kind of universal language between men, because our non-english-speaking driver said, "No problem and pulled right over on the side of the road."  JEFF WAS THRILLED!  Dagum, the whole world's a toilet for men.  I had to go too but no piss piss for me, thank you!  Jeff got back in the car and said, "Spaseeba, that was great!"  hahahaha

We met with Ksenia about our plans for tomorrow and she informed us that she has THE COURT DECREE, which says that Sasha is approved for adoption, OFFICIALLY!!!  She came a day earlier to make sure we had this document  for tomorrow.  She also told us that Sasha's Babushka called the orphanage today and wanted to know when he was leaving.  Wow, word travels fast in these small Ukrainian towns. 

Tomorrow, our plan is to leave early in the morning to Sasha's "hometown" to get his birth ceritificate re-issued in his new name...JEFFREY SASHA NYMAN.  Can I hear an Hallejuah!  :)  After we have the paperwork in hand we will visit Babushka Lebedev and hopefully have a wonderful visit with her.  I am so sad that Sasha will not be with us to say good bye.  We made her a little photo album .(thank you Kim Marshall for the idea)  It will be a very bittersweet day for everyone.  As far as we know right now, Sasha is his grandma'sonly living relative.  That makes me want to cry.  I wish I would have bought a Russian Bible for her but I totally forgot about it during our 12 days home.  I will try to get one to her somehow.  I want to tell her that we will take very good care of Sasha and that we are her family now. We want her to know
that because we have God's love in our heart, that we can love others so easily and that we are all brothers and sisters in the Lord.  I hope she knows Jesus, but if not, hope she knows Him after tomorrow. We are excited, but a little nervous too about breaking her heart!

After getting the new birth certificate and visitng with grandma, we will go to the orphanage with some cake and drinks and have a quick "going away" party.  Of course Jeff and I will be out of there in lightning speed, but we will need to allow Sasha to say good bye to everyone.  Unfortunately for him, he will most likely never see his friends again.  That also makes me want to cry.  He is coming to America to start a whole new life.  New family, new friends, NEW EVERYTHING!!!

Tomorrow, we will take him some new clothes to put on because he is not allowed to take anything away from the orphanage...as he truly owns nothing.  I hope they will allow him to bring the turtle stuffed animal that we gave to him and also the photo album of pictures of him with our family.

Ksenia also told us that Sasha used someone's phone last week to call her.  He said, "Tell mama and papa that I said hi and that I love them."  He wanted to know if we were really coming back because evidentally some people have told him that we were not returning and that it was just a joke.  Can you imagine telling this to a little child who is waiting for his mama and papa to pick him up? 

Well, my eyes are getting very heavy.  I am just in awe that we are sitting here and waiting for one more "wake up" until we get to get our little boy.  Okay, now I AM crying.  We will have him with us the rest of the week when we fly to Kiev and do all of the other legal paperwork.  It is God's grace and His mercy that allowed us to press on through these difficult trials. 

okay, i'm drugged...nighty nighty...got to grt some sleep
thanks for of your pyarers,
We ccouldn't have gotten this far without you...
love to you all,
m and )

No comments:

Post a Comment